The old “Casadei” city guide (edited in 1928) tells about the town of Forlì that in the year 1880 the ancient Teodoli aristocratic family’s home was re-designed to a hotel, named “Masini” in honours of the tenor Angelo Masini who came from Forlì.
In November 1904 in the local Chamber of Commerce register has been written down an “announcement of individual business”, with the hotel beginning to operate in Corso Garibaldi. Since then the Hotel Masini’s name, like the Baglioni Hotel’s one in Bologna, became synonymous with high level hospitality, at that time an extraordinarily modern attribute.
Most proud could the hotel’s managers be about introducing an “automobile transportation service” (this is the wording chosen for the registration at the Forlì County’s Office for Corporative Business).
This service was implemented using a mean of transport called “Omnibus” and allowed to connect the hotel with the train station, 2 km away. Luggage, at that time quite huge, was charged on the top of the vehicle and transported with the guests, mainly business men and representatives travelling with lots of product samples they used to present to customers in the hotel’s showrooms. The ancient building was destroyed during the last world war (which in the city of Forlì destroyed the Communal Theatre, the Citizens’ Tower and the cathedral’s bell tower, too) and rebuilt in 1962 following the Zagatti and Bitossi engineers’ designs.
Recently the hotel has completely been renewed and gained a maximum level of comfort, safety, elegance, and wellness to offer to its guests. The Hotel Masini in Forlì is equipped with wireless web technology.