Reliable and based on research data on possibility of using the healing thermal mineral water in Vrucica Spa date back from the period of Austrian Hungarian Empire in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ten years after annextaion of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austrian geologist Ernest Ludwig spent some time in Bosnia and Herzegovinato research the quality of mineral waters. After him, some other famous geologist doctor Friedrich Kazer researched and analyzed the quality of healing water of the Vrucica Spa. From generation to generation there was a conscience on power of this water, its power to remove pain, to make it younger and for that reason, it was used for drinking and making bread and later for treatment, taking bath. At the time it was called Mitars spa named after Mitar Blagojevic who was said to be cured by using the Spa water. To his name is linked the first atempt to utilize the water of the Vrucica Spa in an organized manner. He extended the spring and put a fence around it.
Modern history of the Vrucica Spa began after the world war first when in 1919 the Spa was bought off by a forest engineer Simo Krstic, originally from Vlasenica who was its owner till 1946.
He engaged skilled foreign experts to conduct researches and analyze the healing water of the Vrucica Spa. After that, he started to build a facility and spa by modern European standards.
A modern bathroom was built with two plus 6 tubs, additionally 14 tubs more. In 1928 was opened a modern hotel with 60 rooms and a hundred of beds. In the mere vicinity to thr main bathroom was built a so-called "little peasant spa" with a pool of 3 x 7 meters size with changing rooms. Within the period from 1925 to 1935 was built a beautiful spa complex/ the mentioned hotel with 68 rooms and 95 beds, a villaof the owner with 8 rooms. All in all, it was a complex very European like as all its surrounding. The Spa was visited by many gustes and it was opened only during summer, from May to October. In the course of the world was completely destroyed. In 1946 a renovation of facility started. Under the new Law on nationalization, the Spa was taken away from the previous owner Simo Krstic and taken over by the state. Over the last years there is a constant trend of improving the Spa capacities.